Patchwork Woolen Blanket

This was another of the Unstarted Objects that I came across whilst recently tidying up.  Many years ago I bought quite a lot of off-cut woolen strips and made some into 2 large patchwork cushion covers.  I had intended to use the rest for a blanket.  Rather than just put them away again I decided to sew them up – this only took me 2 days elapsed.  There was no real design involved for the centre– I sewed the similar sized strips together then pieced the remainder around the outside.  Then I realised it needed binding.  In amongst the fabric collection was a pair of woolen trousers that turned out a failure as the size was all wrong.  Once dismantled there was more than enough to bind the blanket.  A finished object!!

Advertisements